6 Aug 2017

Creative Spark

What’s wanting to be made today
A poem, a blog or a painting
An arrangement of dainty flowers
Or a chirpy song to sing

Who’s ready to be born today
I can sense you hovering around
Riding on the wings of butterflies
That in this garden abound

Come play with me a bit closer
So I may give you form
I will empty my mind for you
And let go of structure and norm

I want you in my life
I want the lightness you bring
The spark that lights me up
When I create anything


Note abt poem: This morning I felt that familiar feeling again. The one that I think people call inspiration. I call it a little light and giddy feeling that starts making my fingers and body tingle. The feeling that ever so gently nudges me to start moving and take some action. Sometimes this feeling is very directive but at other times it is just a vague sort of, ‘hey let’s do something - with ‘doing’ usually landing up as creating something new’. So I sensed this feeling today and I stayed with it awhile - not hurrying into typing or getting a pen. I asked if it would want to be a flower arrangement - it said yes!, I asked if it wanted to be a painting - it said yes again. I asked if it would like to be a song - yes, why not. Finally though, I gave in to my laziness and asked can we get away with just a verse, - and then I started typing.

My huge learning this morning is about how many ideas are willing to take form in a multitude of different ways. Sometimes they are particular, but many other times I can choose how to express them. It is quite often my personality and inclination that comes into play in choosing the form of expression - for example my laziness in this case (because some of the other forms required set-up tasks like plucking flowers, taking out paints and then also required tidying up after ..;-). For me writing is really simple - my computer is usually open and so I mostly land up writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive