1 Nov 2014

How Faith Can Banish Darkness

I want to be bad, be cruel, be vindictive
I want to draw out my sword and fight
I want to shout aloud and call out names
I want to crush others with my might

Yes I have these vices and more
Yes I have many devils in me
Devils that only I can hear
Devils that only I can see

I want to be manipulative and be mean
I want to force others to follow my will
I want to pull people by their hair
I want to be violent, I want to kill

Yes I have these thoughts and more
Yes I have such emotions in me
Emotions that only I can hear
Emotions that only I can see

In acknowledging these emotions I let myself be
In voicing these emotions I let me be seen
In accepting these emotions I accept every person
Who at some point, in such places has been

In witnessing these emotions I let myself recognize
The spectrum of creation to which I belong
In allowing these emotions I let myself know
The faith I have had in existence all along

The faith that I will be guided always
That I will remember to reach inside
The faith that these dark emotions will pass
And the devils will eventually step aside

The faith that I am okay no matter what
The faith that I too have a core of love
The faith that when I ask for support
It comes down cascading from heaven above

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive