22 Aug 2001

Wings


Free as a bird
            I spread out my wings
Skimming the clouds
            I rush by the wind
Left all behind
            I set out in search
Of things unknown
            To know in good time

To breathe in the spray
            Of salt laden waves
I soak in the heat
            Of the sun on the sands
But I stop not to pause
            For fear I get burnt
Or buried beneath
            The warm golden sand
To live as a worm
            The rest of my life
Buried in gold
            In the warm lovely sand

Much rather I would
            Rush into the waves
Swim far as I could
            Then get carried away
Drift on ashore
            On to gold or to rocks
Or drown in the waves
            That rush all around

To live as a bird
            With freedom on wings
To fly and to choose
            Above destiny’s design
To feel in command
            Of atleast one life
The life that belongs
            To this pair of wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive